So, I’m definitely premature in posting about this, but the bulk of the work is done so I figured I would anyway.
I cast on for this Shawl with Beaded Ties by Verena Design Team a couple of weeks ago, and with minimal torturous tearing out, I’m now done the knitting part. The next part of the pattern calls for a crochet edge (should be interesting – I do want to learn crochet, so this is a good incentive) and a beaded tie. The shawl itself is asymmetrical, for reasons I can’t quite figure out. I bought the pattern off the Verena Knitting website, and so perhaps it’s missing some context (ie: surrounding pages from the magazine). I doubt it though, as this was a subscriber bonus pattern. I think it’s just meant to be quirky.
Besides the oddness of the pattern, I didn’t have stitch markers that fit on my size 11 needles, so I used hair ties, which has caused the column of what looks like stretched yarn overs, when seen next to all the others that look more circular. I’m hoping blocking will help with that, but I’ve never blocked anything before, so I don’t really know if it will.
In any case, I’m proud of myself for getting through the lace knitting, but I’m pretty sure this is going to sit around for a while, until I get my crochet fingers warmed up at the very least. Now, it’s time to get back to the two tank tops I started while away, and have yet to finish…